Homeless and Housing Options Service
Welcome to this section which gives you information about the range of services provided by the Housing Options team here at Ashfield District Council. We now deliver this service jointly with Mansfield District Council and operate under a 'shared service' arrangement where advice and assistance can also be obtained in either Ashfield or Mansfield.
The housing options service is available to anyone who is homeless or who could become homeless in the near future or would like general housing advice.
So if you:
- Have nowhere to live;
- Have been told to leave your home by a parent, relative, friend or partner;
- Need to leave your home because of domestic abuse, violence or threats;
- Have mortgage or rent arrears that you cannot afford to pay;
- Have been told by your landlord that you need to leave;
the Housing Options Team will be able to give you advice and help if you find yourself in one of these situations.
The team can:
- Advise you on the different housing options available to you, which might include being able to stay in your current home or having to move;
- Advise you about your rights as a tenant or as an owner;
- Explore options with you to prevent you having to leave your home;
- Advise you on paying your housing costs, which may include how to claim benefits;
- Assist you to find other housing accommodation including private rented, council, housing associations, supported accommodation, emergency housing and refuges.
There are a range of services we may be able to help you with such as:
- Specialist debt advice
- Bond Guarantee Scheme
- Sanctuary Scheme
- Referrals for Tenancy Support
- Referrals to Supported accommodation
Please click on those highlighted above for further details.
If you are already homeless, or about to become homeless, we will carry out a homeless assessment to see if the council has a legal duty to provide you with somewhere to live or if we have other duties to help you.
We may have to provide you with emergency accommodation whilst we carry out all the necessary investigations.
How to contact the Housing Options team:
There are a variety of ways in which you can contact the team.
01623 457252 during office hours - normally 8.30a.m. to 5.00p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00a.m. to 4.00p.m.
Wednesday (Homeless tonight only) 9.00a.m. to 4.00p.m.
At Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. NG17 8DA
By e mail: email@example.com
Ashfield District Council, Housing Options Service, Urban Road, Kirkby-in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 8DA.
For emergency out of hours service call 01623 450000