Guidelines to carrying out a Personal Search
The Local Land Charges Office is open for Personal Searches to be carried out at the following times:
2:00pm until 4:00pm, the last appointment being 3:50pm.
- Contact Local Land Charges to make an appointment; we will endeavour to meet your request. At least 24 hours notice of an appointment is required. To make an appointment by telephone please call 01623 457-313.
- Appointments are offered on a 'first come first served' basis and are one address per 10 minute appointment.
- The Personal Searcher should endeavour to keep any appointment and notify the authority as soon as possible in the event that an appointment cannot be kept.
- When you make your appointment, we will require details of the individual or company carrying out the search, a contact telephone number, and the number of addresses you require to search.
- Searches are conducted using an electronic copy of the Local Land Charges Register on a view-only basis.
Personal search agents carrying out such searches on behalf of third parties are expected to possess sufficient knowledge of the search process to enable them to carry out their personal searches without guidance from Local Land Charges staff.
If you rely on a personal search from a solicitor or personal search company, may we remind you that they are not given (or entitled to receive) answers to the questions on the CON 29, and any information they do obtain is not covered by Section 10(3) of the Local Land Charges Act 1975 which relates to compensation for loss. The only way to receive this information is to submit the Official Certificate of Search (LLC1) and CON 29 enquiries forms.
Updated on 01 July 2016.